Willow Den Scotland is a fully outdoor nature-based early learning and childcare (ELC) organisation. Our nurseries are designed for children aged 3 years to school age, we have plans to open in a range of locations across Scotland.
Our vision is for every family to have the choice for their child to play and learn outdoors. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of children in Scotland through access to fully outdoor Early Learning and Childcare.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Bank Early Years Outdoor Practitioners to join our team.
We need Bank staff Support Workers to cover provide an extra pair of hands to our Early Years Team.
You will be enthusiastic and friendly and willing to support the team in offering high quality outdoor ELC.
The role can vary and might include serving lunches, helping with additional cleaning rota’s, helping with children’s personal care and supporting those just learning to tackle the outdoor toilet! You might also have the opportunity to pull on your wellies and waterproofs and get down and dirty in the mud supporting play and learning experiences.
The role is ideally suited to an individual thinking of a career in Early Learning and Childcare who wants to try outdoor ELC, or someone looking for additional income working as supply at times that work for you.
- Support the Early Years team in setting up our outdoor spaces
- Support the ELC team in delivering outdoors childcare and learning experiences
- Support children with personal care
- Support and implement the daily routine including snack, lunches and cleaning rota’s
- Comply with organisational policies and procedures outlined in our Daily operating Manual
- Follow Risk Assessments, Health and Safety procedures, report accidents and incidents to the Manager
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Registered or willing to register with SSSC
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified to SCQF level 6 in (NC/SVQ 2) Childhood Practice/Early Years and Young People, or consider working towards this
- Role is subject to Background/ PVG membership
- Must be able to follow Health and Safety procedures
- Experience is beneficial but not essential
- Available at short notice
- Approachable and friendly, ‘a people person’
- Caring and nurturing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, ‘can-do’ approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive team member approach
Terms of Engagement
- Reporting to the Manager
- Hours of work: As and when required
- Contract Basis: Bank Staff
- Paid holidays
- Location: North Edinburgh / Falkirk
- Rate of pay £11.00 per hour
How Do I Apply?
Due to changing Covid-19 restrictions, interviews could be held in person, though most likely they will be held online, The timeline will see informal discussions and formal interviews, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your ELC knowledge and skills.