Willow Den Scotland is a fully outdoor nature-based early learning and childcare (ELC) organisation. Our nurseries are designed for children aged 3 years to school age, we are situated in unique and exciting locations across Scotland.
Our vision is for every family to have the choice for their child to play and learn outdoors. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of children in Scotland through access to fully outdoor Early Learning and Childcare.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Early Years Outdoor Support Worker to join our team.
Our EYSW posts provide an entry level opportunity to work in an outdoor ELC setting.
You will be someone who loves to pull on your wellies and waterproofs and have fun in the mud supporting children’s play and learning experiences. The role can vary and might include generally supporting children and the ELC team, including lunchtime routine, helping with cleaning rota’s, helping with children’s personal care and supporting those just learning to tackle the outdoor toilet.
The role is ideally suited to an individual keen to begin their journey in Early Learning and Childcare.
- Support the Early Years team in setting up our outdoor spaces
- Engage with children through play, conversation and observation
- Support the ELC team in delivering outdoors childcare and learning experiences
- Support children with personal care
- Support the ELC team and children in the daily routine including snack, lunches and cleaning rota’s
- Comply with organisational policies and procedures
- Follow Risk Assessments and Health and Safety
- Report accidents and incidents to the Manager
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Qualified to SCRF level 6 in (NC/SVQ 2) Childhood Practice/Early Years and Young People, or consider working towards this to enable registration with the SSSC.
- Love outdoor play and learning
- Enjoy working with children
- This post is considered to be Regulated Work with children as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made. If you wish further information on the PVG Scheme you can visit the Disclosure Scotland website at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
- Experience working or volunteering with children
- Outdoors interests (demonstrate enjoying spending time outdoors)
- Approachable and friendly, ‘a people person’
- Caring and nurturing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, ‘can-do’ approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Positive team member approach
Terms of Engagement
- Reporting to the Nursery Manager
- Hours of work: Part time 2 or 3 days (pro rata) Full time hours are 37.5 hours
- Contract Basis: Permanent
- Salary: from £10.00 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Employer pension contribution 7%
- Location: Falkirk
How Do I Apply?
Interviews may be held in person or online, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your ELC knowledge and skills. For an informal chat about the role contact Kathie at email@example.com